Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Oh man, it was bad

Yesterday, at about 4:30 CDT (I hate the D), the storms rolled in. You know its spring in Oklahoma when the hail stones are compared to golf balls and little tents pop up on every available parking lot offering "Paintless Dent Repair."

It took us an extra 10 minutes to get home, and once we got there - it hadn't even RAINED. I live DUE EAST of my office, the Storm was moving DUE EAST, but started moving north before hitting my house! Yeah!

Kristel - I'm working on the socks! I spent most of last night trying to watch NCIS between weather breaks, and knit away. I'm doing the gusset decreases. It seems like I'm taking forever (to me) but then I remember that I am doing two at once! So when I do finish - I will be finished!

4 Comments:

Blogger YarnNinja said...

My apartment complex got pounded. So did my boyfriend's place of business. Both our cars are dinged to high hell and back. He has full coverage...I don't. Can we say suck ass?

I took some pictures of what we got. From 81st and Riverside, I give you...
http://www.livejournal.com/users/krysstylanthrox/107331.html

9:20 AM  
Blogger Manda said...

I'm in Dallas, and they hit us at work almost out of nowhere! One of my coworkers was talking to a client on the phone and she's like, "IS IT HAILING OUT THERE?!" LOL It was kinda funny. It started hailing again on teh way home, but I don't think her car was really damaged.

8:14 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

My Aunt's live in Broken Arrow. I went to visit them a few years ago during the summer. The day that we flew home I SWEAR I thought we were going to die. I grew up in the south, and there were thunderstorms that could scare the begebeeses out of you.......but that storm in OK was the worst.

My Dad grew up in Antlers, and boy does he have some stories to tell~!

4:48 PM  
Blogger Jo said...

Ah, yes. Oklahoma spring!

2:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home