Friday, June 03, 2005

Spin Me Round baby

Here it is! The Spin Me Round Baby Blanket. It is made from NoNoKitty Superwash custom dyed. Please check out her work! Its beautiful!


Spin me round Posted by Hello

Details
Yarn: NoNoKitty Custom Dyed Kona Superwash wool, I ordered 600 yards and didn't use it all
Needles: Size 8 Addi Turbos
Gauge: didn't measure, but the fabric is nice and floppy
Pattern: Free from here
Purpose: Gift for Baby Swan


Here is a photo of the edge. I did the 5 stitch bobbles every 10 stitches.


Close up Posted by Hello

This photo shows almost all of the colors in this skein - the color that is missing is the light/bright yellow.


Most of the colors Posted by Hello

I have enough yarn left to make a matching hat and possible booties!

8 Comments:

Blogger Margot said...

April, The blanket is beautiful! That's going to be one happy and sung baby!

10:37 AM  
Blogger fickleknitter said...

It's beautiful! The pattern really showcases the colorway. What a lucky baby!

11:04 AM  
Blogger Lauren said...

Love it! That is one awesome baby blanket. I love baby things in nontraditional colors.

1:10 PM  
Blogger Ness said...

Thanks for posting the pics, April.

This is a cool blanket, and I like what you did with the edge.

I think this may be the wedding gift I'll make, along with some matching pillows.

Ness (from knittyboard.com)

1:55 PM  
Blogger bensmumma said...

OOOH I love it! Maybe I'll have to make one... I've been putting off knitting for baby...

Rachel

7:09 AM  
Blogger Danielle said...

April I love it! I've finally had a chance to come see it, and it looks great. I like the edging you used, it makes it even more just for the baby. Such a lucky little one!

8:51 PM  
Blogger ~drew emborsky~ said...

Those colors are awesome and the blanket came out great! You are very talented!!

2:04 PM  
Blogger ShelbyD said...

What a cool blanket! Love the blue-green colorway.

3:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home