My Lists for 2006
May you ... list long and prosper.
My 2006 List of TO-DOs and TO-DON'Ts
• Bring lunch to work a lot
• Cut trips to grocery store down to 1 per week instead of the nightly "Nothing at home sounds good maybe a trip through the drive through will help..."
• Deposit money into savings account each paycheck.
• Stop buying stuff that I don't need.
• Balance Check Book monthly – stop with the guessing.
• Cook more – your kids like your cooking and its hi-time they learn some kitchen skills too
The Size Of My Ass:
• Do Pilates at least 3 times per week
• Eat healthier stuff
• Eat vegetables.
• Drink more water.
• Get clothes that fit and flatter
Personal Good Stuff:
• Every day, choose happy over sad, free over constrained, liberated over abandoned, and laugh a lot. Wake up the next day and repeat.
• Plant a garden and tend to it all season – enjoy eating the fruits and vegetables of my labors with my children
• Go on a trip. (Ft. Collins, Dallas, Houston, Who knows - JUST GO!)
• Stop procrastinating. Just stop it already.
• Play mini-golf
• Host a dinner party in which I actually cook dinner
• Do something fun on my birthday. Even if I'm broke due to sons birthdays.
• Play "Clean Sweep" in each room at least one room per month
• Up contribution to the 401(k) plan
• Get new heat and air system at home (may cut out the trip)
• Schedule vacation time.
• Work hard. Make deadlines a day early.
• Look at all the options.
• Have a positive attitude. Especially at work and with all co-workers. Suit up, show up and act as if....
• Send thank-you notes
• Finish the niecelings sweaters
o one cast on (1/3 done) black-diamond
o one in yarn – not sure of pattern yet
• Make the fingerless gloves so that my hands will stay warm during the chilly "I sit by the front door that everyone walks through" winter
• Make Eris for me
• Finish son's Gryffendor scarf
• Begin any Christmas Knitting early so as to impress teachers
• Make something for Son's Kindergarten teacher (Kiri or Flowerbasket)
Finally... The Not-To-Do List:
• Don't say "yes" to things just because someone springs them on me at the last minute. Instead, say "Let me think about it and get back to you."
• Time is sparse, life if short. Don't waste it on useless things, people, memories, obligations.
• Don't worry about stuff I can't change anyway.
• Don't expect other people to live by my values.
• Don't compromise my values for anyone.
• Don't choose the known over the unknown just because it's comfortable.
• Don't waste time on stupid stuff or mean stuff. Frequently ask myself "Is it true? Is it kind? Is it necessary?"
• Don't minimize success.
This list is subject to change and modification of course.